mselect is looking to hire a Water Loss Analyst-Petroleum Engineer for an international oil and gas operator in Basrah. Candidates must have at least 4 years of oil field experience. English and Arabic fluency is a must.
The Petroleum Engineer position is responsible for driving efficiency improvements in the water injection system in support of the delivery of the oil and water injection forecasts. The successful candidate will be challenged both technically, assessing and analysing performance data to enhance business value, and socially, with a requirement to effectively communicate and influence teams across. As part of the Production Management Team, the Petroleum Engineer is a key member of the Subsurface Department.
- Evaluate water injection system performance, present insights and lead interventions to enhance performance
- Track and assess injection losses. Collaborate with loss owners to develop continuous improvement initiatives
- Support the Production Management Team in developing and delivering the annual injection forecast
- Chair Weekly Loss meetings
- Assess current performance management protocols, propose and implement process improvements
- Prepare monthly performance reports and engage with stakeholders
Criteria and Qualifications
- Oil field experience (minimum 4 years)
- University degree in Engineering (Petroleum, Chemical, Electrical or Mechanical)
- Strong numeracy skills, including statistics
- Very strong English & communication skills
- A motivation to learn and develop
- Ability to work and deliver within a high-pressure work environment with short deadlines
- Coding and programming experience an advantage (not mandatory)
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.