MSELECT is looking for a Vendor Database Officer for a well-known international oil and gas operator in Basra. Candidates must have a minimum of 2-5 years of relevant job experience within the oil & gas industry. Must have English language fluency.
The Vendor Database Officer supports the officers in-charge to invite vendors to participate in the company’s competitive exercises in compliance with Company Policies and Procedures.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Functions as an information centralizer for CPL tendering function email inbox, control, monitor and archive outgoing and incoming tendering information and keep tendering information confidential
- Responsible for keeping and maintaining the records of the Company Approved Bidders' List
- Manage the process of adding new suppliers to the Company Approved Bidders' List.
- Maintain a criterion to evaluate and asses each supplier request to be added to Company bidders' list, this shall be developed in cooperation with CPL, Finance, HSE and User Department
- Keep record and process BOC letters related to adding or blacklisting vendors
- Monitor the performance of vendors in the Company Approved Bidders' List to measure the performance and reliability of vendors in each category
- Recommend vendors to participate in each tender / quotation based on Company Approved Bidders' List
- Assists in the corporate compliance process and ensures that high quality audits are accurately conducted and timely reports are prepared and submitted
- Reads and interprets regulatory requirements, contracts / POs, and corporate policies
- Prepare weekly, biweekly, monthly or periodical reports to management with the added and blacklisted vendors
- Update the tendering status as per manager's request
- Conduct Internal audit on the signed PO/ Contract according to CPL internal auditing plan
- Maintain a record of the documentation of adding or blacklisting vendors to / from Company Approved Vendor List with the necessary approvals
- Archive all the original hard copies of tendering documents and bid proposal from bidders
- Contribute to the identification of opportunities for the continuous improvement of systems, processes and practices to increase productivity and operational efficiency
- Implement all relevant policies, processes, procedures and instructions so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner
- Follow the company’s health, security, safety and environmental policies, processes, procedures and instructions to ensure Health and Safety compliance in all aspects of work by applying them on self, others and corporate assets
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Interpersonal Skills
- Business Communication Skills
- Negotiation Skills
- Ability To Read and Interpret Policies and Procedures Documents
- Proven Experience with the Oil and Gas Industry
- Organizational Awareness
- Information Seeking
- Teamwork And Cooperation
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business, Management, or Law
- 2-5 years of relevant job experience within the oil & gas industry
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.