The purpose of Training & Development Specialist is providing support to T&D Section Head in supervising and coordinating all training related activities in line with Competence Management System including but not limited to, conducting Learning Needs Analysis, compiling the annual training plan and demand planning process, providing technical training related advice and expertise, and managing the external technical training process as well as ensuring compliance to all applicable regulatory requirements.,
Training & Development:
- Assist T&D Section Head in implementing and administering Competency Management System
- Assist T&D Section Head in conducting Training Needs Analysis exercise and develop the annual learning plan
- Responsible for arranging training programs as per the approved plan and maintain all training records including the obligatory training spend
- Maintain the liaison with BOC Training Department for ensuring smooth communication as and when required
- Manage day to-day operation of the Training Section by providing expertise, encouraging and ensuring teamwork, and aligning work processes to achieve high performance standards, meet targets and objectives and ensure employee engagement in a motivated work environment
- Identification and sourcing qualified training providers
- Continuous follow up with BOC on Company and BOC training program’s approval, progress and implementation
- Keep accurate training register for all training attendance and accurate budget calculations as recommended by Company Audit
Talent Management & Iraqization:
- Assist T&D Section Head in formulation of Talent Development plans and succession planning and integrate both in Iraqization Plan
- Managing the related correspondence with BOC and/or JMC in close coordination with relevant stakeholders
- Assist T&D Section Head in building the capacity and capabilities within local workforce in improving the outcomes for the Iraqization plan
- Keep accurate track of all training financial aspects as per the recommendation by Company Audit team
- Assist T&D Section Head in managing the activities and work performed by direct reports to ensure that individual required competence level has been identified and a plan was put to reach the objectives put
- Recommend training and development interventions for team members to build their capabilities
- Contribute to the identification of opportunities for the continuous improvement of systems, processes and practices to increase productivity and operational efficiency
- Assist T&D Section Head in ensuring compliance with corporate requirements on adherence to policies, procedures and instructions within own area related to all relevant regulatory directives to promote a safe and risk-free environment
- Assist T&D Section Head in preparation of timely and accurate reports to meet department and company requirements, policies, and standards
COMMUNICATIONS & WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
- All Departments within the Company
- BOC, JMC, Ministry of Oil and Independent Training Agencies or Firms
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Hold at least a degree in Human Resources Management, Business Administration, Economics, Organizational Development, Social Sciences, or related discipline
- Minimum of 6-8 years’ experience in Training and Development.
- Excellent communication skills with ability to speak, understand and write English. Working proficiency in Arabic language would be an additional advantage.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and Power Point
- General needs and gap analysis skills.
- Effective problem-solving skills.
- Having ability to plan, coordinate, prioritize tasks under pressure and minimal supervision.
- Prior experience in Learning Management and Competency Management System would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of Iraqi Labor Law, Social Security and Taxation Law would be an advantage.
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.