MSELECT is looking to hire a Lead Petroleum Engineer – Loss Management for an international oil & gas operator in Basrah. Candidates must have a minimum of 6 years of relevant experience in the oil & gas industry. English and Arabic fluency is a must.
The Lead Production Engineer is responsible for driving efficiency improvements in a supergiant oil field, through analytical insights, process enhancements and inter-departmental collaboration. The successful candidate will be challenged both technically, assessing and analysing performance data to enhance business value, and socially, with a requirement to effectively communicate and influence teams across the company. As part of the Production Management Team, the Lead Production Engineer is a key member of the Subsurface Department and will directly report to an international expat.
- Evaluate production performance information, present insights and lead interventions to enhance performance
- Track and assess production losses. Collaborate with loss owners to develop continuous improvement initiatives
- Support the Production Management Team in delivering the annual production forecast
- Coach and develop team members
- Assess current performance management protocols, propose and implement process improvements
- Modernise & transform Production Management tools and ways of working
- Prepare monthly performance reports and engage with stakeholders
Criteria & Qualifications
- Oil field experience (minimum 6 years)
- University degree in Engineering (Petroleum, Chemical, Electrical or Mechanical)
- Proven lead experience, able to perform analysis, drive performance improvement initiatives and coach team members
- Very strong English & communication skills, proven ability to interact with stakeholders in other technical disciplines.
- Coding and programming experience an advantage (but not required)
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.