MSELECT is looking to hire an Accountant for a manufacturing client in Baghdad. Candidates must have a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience. English and Arabic fluency is a must.
- Prepare monthly journal entries such as Cash, Payroll, Benefits, Prepaid, In-kind, Expense Allocations & Revenue.
- Handle monthly, quarterly and annual closings.
- Auditing financial information.
- Management of fixed assets.
- Review cash deposits and prepare cash receipt journal entries.
- Assist in analyzing accounts and business plans.
- Ensuring the accuracy of financial documents, as well as their compliance with relevant laws and internal regulations.
- Ensuring the accuracy of financial documents, as well as their compliance with relevant laws and regulations.
- Assist in automating processes and procedures.
Requirements and Skills
- Bachelor Degree in accounting.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in general ledger accounting, or similar fields.
- Experience in financial record keeping and bookkeeping.
- Excellent knowledge of accounting principles and standards.
- Awareness about IFRS and other accounting concepts.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel skills is mandatory).
- Know-how of standard costing and its related procedures.
- FMCG industry experience (Tobacco, Food, Soft Drinks & Beverage, etc.) is a preferable.
- Language: English, Arabic.
- Hands on ERP system experience.
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.