MSELECT is looking to hire a Risk & Compliance Specialist for an international oil and gas operator in Basrah. Candidates must have a minimum of 3 years of experience in Risk & Compliance Audits, with at least 2 years of experience in the Oil & Gas Sector. Fluency in English is a must.
- Assist in Monitoring & Documenting Compliance Activities and ensure compliance with EDPSC, JOA, Applicable Laws and other Adhoc requirements / instructions issued by Ministry of Oil.
- Assist in Monitoring Risk Management Framework and Updating Risk Registers.
- Liaise with other functions to collect required information for maintaining Risks & Compliance Registers.
- Assist in developing, maintaining and implementing plans for Risk & Compliance Management and related activities.
- Assist to coordinate with other functions and follow up on regular basis related to Risk / Compliance Checklist.
- Assist in preparing / reviewing various policies / procedures required for smooth functioning.
- Assist in Preparation & implementation of Annual Risk & Compliance Audit plan.
- Assist in planning, implementing and managing Risk & Compliance Awareness Programs.
- Any additional duties assigned by Line Manager from time to time.
- Awareness sessions on Risk & Compliance Activities
- Regular updates on Risk Registers & Compliance Checklists and gap analysis, etc.
- Periodic Reports on various activities performed during the year
- Ensure that all information prepared for stakeholders reflect true and fair information. Focus of the job must on desired outcomes through effective implementation.
- Ensure that a single and a complete/reliable database is maintained in accordance to established guidelines and it is accessible to other team members.
- Liaise with other functions to collect accurate and timely information.
Policies, Systems, Processes and Procedures
- Assist and contribute to the development and implementation of Risk & Compliance Audit policies, procedures and related templates
- Assist in continuous improvements to the existing Systems and Processes to achieve the best outcomes for Risk & Compliance activities.
Health, Security, Safety and Environment
- Ensure compliance with all relevant health, security, safety and environmental management policies, procedures and controls within own area, monitoring, reviewing and evaluating on a continuous basis, to guarantee employee safety, legislative compliance, delivery of high-quality service and a responsible environmental attitude.
- Contribute and ensure timely and accurate reporting within and outside organization.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration or other similar discipline
- Preferably Certified Internal Auditor from any recognized professional body
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office products
- Good command of verbal and written English and Arabic is essential
- 3 - 5 years’ experience in Risk & Compliance Audits with at least 2 years of experience in the Oil & Gas Sector
- Strong knowledge of Oil & Gas value chain and project operations
- Strong knowledge of Petroleum Contracts with State Partner (Preferably for Southern Iraq Region)
- Strong planning, organizational skills and attention to detail
- Good knowledge of Internal Control & Compliance Activities
- Ability to work both collaboratively and individually
- Ability to constructively argue with other staff to convince them on required action plan
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.