MSELECT is looking for a Mechanical/ Piping Engineer for a well-known international oil and gas operator in Basra. Candidates must have a minimum of 10 years relevant experience in mechanical engineering with 5 years’ experience oil & gas operations and engineering. Fluency in English is a must.
The Mechanical/ Piping Engineer shall report to M&E Lead Mechanical Engineer and will be an integral member of a multi-discipline engineering team to support Operations and Maintenance.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Execute various Management of Change (M.O.C) operational based work scopes
- Participate in various project design reviews. Working closely with operations personnel (e.g., Operations and Maintenance Advisors, Area Engineers, Site Engineers and HSE personnel) to define key aspects of mechanical design
- Carry out site surveys, preparation of Scope of Requirements, Scope of Work, Work packs, tender documents and specifications for in-house and third-party engineered modifications
- Review and approve in-house and third-party engineering deliverables
- Provide technical support, as necessary, to all Departments, including; Operations, Maintenance, Projects and Construction on all mechanical technical issues arising
- Manpower estimation, work planning, progress monitoring and budget control, to support on-going projects and modifications
- Mechanical inputs to support Key Performance Indicators including safety audits, Safety Observations, Risk assessments, incident investigations etc
- Provide procurement engineering support for material requisition development, bid evaluations and supplier documentation reviews
- Support Integrity Management with engineering solutions for equipment repairs and modifications
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Candidate to demonstrate familiarity with all relevant industry codes, standards and practices (API, ASME, ISO), for piping, pipeline, valves, static equipment and rotating equipment
Education and Experience:
- BSc/ HND in mechanical engineering, or equivalent
- Must have a minimum of 10 years relevant experience in mechanical engineering with 5 years’ experience oil and gas operations and engineering
- Demonstrated experience of key engineering requirements gained from engineering contractor experience in both greenfield and brownfield engineering
- Experience of repair, modification and re-rating of plant and equipment
- Experience in piping, pipeline, static equipment and rotating equipment disciplines, with a focus on piping and static equipment
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.