mselect is looking to hire a Head Teacher for an international school in Erbil. Candidates must have at least 5 years of relevant experience and be fluent in English.
The role of the Head teacher is to provide strategic leadership and professional management for the school. This will secure success and improvement for the school; ensure high quality education and personalized learning for all its pupils and high standards and achievement in all areas of the school’s work. The school will expect the Head teacher to lead by personal example in demonstrating a full and professional commitment to excellence in education.
HEAD TEACHER SKILLS
Leadership is another skill that a head teacher should have. As a leader, you can motivate your staff and students to work hard and achieve their goals. You can also use your leadership skills to help your staff develop and grow in their careers.
As a school leader, it’s important to be organized so you can complete all of your tasks on time. This includes planning your lessons, grading assignments and preparing for meetings. Being able to manage your time effectively can also help you be more productive and efficient.
Collaboration is another skill that can help a head teacher succeed in their role. As a head teacher, you may need to collaborate with other administrators, teachers and parents to solve problems, develop new programs and improve the school. Collaboration can also help you delegate tasks and responsibilities to other staff members.
As a head teacher, you may be responsible for solving issues that arise in the classroom. This can include anything from a student’s behavioral issues to a teacher’s classroom management concerns. Being able to solve problems can help you maintain a positive learning environment for your students.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- A candidate should have Master degree and had experience working as a Teacher in a school and several years of experience as a Head Teacher/Vice Principal/ Principal/Deputy Head/Director of education or Senior Manager of a school
- Developing and implementing policies and procedures to meet the needs of students and teachers
- Overseeing the hiring of new staff members, evaluating their performance, and making decisions about termination or advancement based on performance
- Evaluating student progress and communicating with parents about any concerns
- Honoring individual student needs by creating an environment that is safe, supportive, and challenging
- Conducting staff meetings to discuss goals and objectives, as well as issues regarding student discipline or staff relationships
- Maintaining records of student attendance, grades, behavior issues, and other pertinent information
- Providing guidance to teachers and other staff members regarding pedagogical methods, classroom management, and curriculum planning
- Planning lessons that align with school standards and meet students’ diverse needs
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.