MSELECT is looking for a Finance Manager for an energy project with a major holding client in Erbil. Candidates must have a minimum of 10 years in finance management. Fluency in English is a must, Kurdish and Arabic are a plus.
- Perform financial management duties including generating financial data, compiling and submitting reports, analyzing industry trends and assessing the financial health of the company
- Oversee the operations and development of the company’s finance departments including creating and reviewing policies, budgeting, and conducting regular assessments of financial procedures
- Supervise the preparation of quarterly and annual account reconciliations, monitor and enforce compliance with tax and financial reporting standards and assist with cash flow forecasting
- Advise colleagues and executive management on decisions related to the company’s finances
- Supervise the documentation of the Plant’s financial status and forecasts.
- Mediate between the organization, employees, stakeholders on financial issues for amicable resolution of differences
- Create strategic financial plans based on the analysis of the plant’s status and financial forecasts
- Implementation of a payment function, including agreement, planning and processing of payments using a remote banking service and cash money, foreign exchange control, bank statement analysis, cashier operations and operations with bank cards
- Organization of cash transactions
- Cash management, including collection of monetary funds, conversion operations, short-term placement and attraction of funds
- Management of bank accounts and analyzing of bank fee and commission rates, including the management of salary projects
- Management of currency and interest risks
- Analytical and methodological support in the development of local normative documents, maintenance of database, market analysis
- Carrying out a periodical assessment of the control procedures effectiveness
- Preparation and implementation of an action-plan aimed to improve the effectiveness of control procedures
- Management of third-party organizations related to perform outsourced tax functions
- Control over meeting the rules of the internal labor regulations established by the company, ensure the preservation of information received by the Business Unit
- Review and approval of bank reconciliations, petty cash and local payment transactions
- Manage a team of accountants and financial controllers
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of economics, finance and financial instruments of cash management
- Knowledge of the requirements of the local banking legislation
- Knowledge of approaches to forecasting cash flows, processing of payments (cash and non-cash), intra-group financing operations, banking services, currency and interest rate risk management
- Organizational skills to work with local regulatory bodies, banking organization
Education and Experience:
- Computer Skills: Microsoft Office, Professional User of Accounting Business Programs
- Fluency in English Language is a must; Kurdish and Arabic are plus.
- Must hold a University Degree in Finance, Economics or in any related discipline
- International Certification in the field of Finance, Management or Tax Accounting is desirable
- At least 10 years in Finance Management
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.