mselect is looking to hire a Drilling Engineer for an international oil and gas operator in Basrah. Candidates must have a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience. English and Arabic fluency is a must.
Manages and controls Drilling engineering tasks on assigned Rig. Includes establishing work schedules, evaluating Rig personnel, structures, machinery, reviewing work programs, monitoring operations, coordinating and availing internal & external support services. Assumes total responsibility during operation and Rig moves.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Verify Well design and planning is in compliance with international standards
- Assess well design and operation requirements on well construction projects, including Front End well design calculations and simulations (Wellcat, Stresscheck, Compass, etc.).
- Prepare well proposals, barrier drawings, verify Well Technical Specifications, prepare and review drilling and workover programs, cost estimates, trajectories and targets for every well
- Prepare project supporting documentation e.g. Well Control Contingency Plan, Relief Well Drilling Plan
- Provide engineering support for formal Deviations to plans and provide assured program amendments, e.g. casing setting depth change, as required
- QAQC Contractor daily reports DDOR, EDM, Compass, TVD/performance etc., prepare daily summaries, print performance graphs, invoicing and time sheets etc
- Confirming wells delivered to contract quality specifications.
- Maintain well barrier status information, certification of equipment and personnel, plan and record any deviation.
- Collate all data for internal and external reporting.
- Identification of Materials management, co-ordination of Purchase Orders and inventory control, material supply and service contract management including logistics support from manufacture to delivery
- Responsible for material supplier QAQC and follow-up on Quality non-conformances
- Support project execution strategy including: Contracts, Budgets, Organization, Well Concept, Performance Improvement Plans
- Support well operations team with contract management, After Action Review (AAR) sessions, cost/performance tracking, drilling sequence management/optimization
- Hold weekly performance AAR/planning with contractor, prepare weekly performance reports
- Prepare/maintain Drilling sequence and schedule updates for optimization and endorsement
- Staff Development: Mentoring & coaching of Iraqi Wells Engineers
- Follow management instruction for Wells department duties
Qualification & Training Requirements
- B.Sc. Degree in Petroleum Engineering or equivalent
- At least 3 years’ experience of accomplishment in a similar position
- Fluency in English and effective communication (verbal/written), organizational and
- interpersonal skills
- At least Intermediate on working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint
- Good drilling software skills
14 Days on/ 14 Days off
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.