As a production manager, your job responsibilities would be vast and varied. Overall, your main goal would be to ensure that the production process runs smoothly and efficiently, producing high-quality yogurt products. You would need to coordinate with various departments like procurement, quality control, and sales, to ensure that raw materials are delivered on time, the products meet the required quality standards, and that there is a steady supply of finished products to meet customer demands. Additionally, you would be responsible for managing production budgets, forecasting production volumes, and developing strategies to improve production processes and reduce production costs. You would also need to ensure that all employees follow safety protocols and maintain a clean working environment. In summary, being a production manager for food and beverage dairy yogurt requires a combination of managerial, technical, and people skills to ensure that the production process runs smoothly and efficiently.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitor all operations and processes, prepare operating reports and budgets.
- In-depth knowledge of industry and its place in the market. Collect and analyse data to find places of waste or overtime.
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel),
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently.
- Maintain a safe work environment and ensure staff follow all safety regulations
- Ensure all compliance needs are met
- Manage scheduling for a fully operational team including production and maintenance team
- Achieve production targets by managing everything from production planning through to planned and preventative maintenance
- Develop strategies to increase productivity and production. Be responsible for production output, quality and on time shipping
- Optimize productive time for employees by eliminating unnecessary processes.
- Develop systems and processes that track and optimize productivity and standards, metrics and performance targets to ensure effective return on assets
- Practice conflict resolution among departments and employees
- Report and track expenses to reduce costs
- Analyse production metrics and data to determine areas to improve
- Coordinate maintenance and repairs to ensure optimised life of the equipment while maintaining a safe working environment
- Ensure all legal requirements, company safety procedures, and local and state health and safety regulations are met
- Prepare regular reports for upper management
- Set plans and processes for Production Department and related section to ensure optimal efficiency and effectiveness of all departmental staff.
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering or other discipline.
- Proven experience as a Production Manager or similar executive role of more than 5 years.
- Adequate knowledge of business and management principles, budgeting, strategic planning, resource allocation and manpower.
- Familiarity with industry standard equipment and technical expertise.
- Experience in planning.
- Strong leadership qualities.
- Strong analytical ability.
- Problem-solving aptitude.
- Strong work ethic.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Computer literate.
- Proactive nature.
- Language: English is required, (English, Kurdish and Arabic as a plus
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.