mselect is looking for a DCS Control Room Supervisor for an international oil and gas operator in Basrah. Candidates must have a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience in the oil and gas industry. Fluency in English and Arabic is a must.
The DCS Control room supervisor is key position in the operational readiness and start up organization within operations. This role will be required to manage several major projects readiness as well as small ones and make sure the operational readiness activities are being well-identified, managed, and progressed in order to ensure safe and smooth start up within the target dates as per project schedule.
This role will manage various interfaces with multiple teams within projects, operations, and other supporting functions within the organization at early stages of projects until plants are fully commissioning and started up.
This role will transition into operations after starting up and be part of operations organization afterwards.
This is a site-based role which will require daily travels to work sites. Travel from one work site to the other is also part of the role.
- To provide operations input to Engineering Projects and ensure facilities designed/constructed are in accordance with agreed specifications and functional requirements.
- To ensure that new designs and alterations/modifications to existing installations are inherently safe and in accordance with operational requirements and philosophy.
- Coordinate flawless start-up of new projects and be part of operations organization afterwards.
- Capable of Coaching lesser experienced operations staff and prepare them to take over the role in the future.
- Monitor, troubleshoot, and operate the plant after start up.
- Provide technical inputs to DCS currently being built by contractor.
- Participate in the commissioning and start up of plant.
- Key person in daily planning for plant daily Planning.
- Application of control of work system for all the activities
- Supervise and monitor plant operational parameter to meet the requirements of safe and reliable operations.
- Ensure all the activities are carried out according to Safety and operational management systems.
- Report equipment failures and raises/escalate actions, if necessary, in order to restore equipment availability and maintain highest plant reliability.
- Ensuring the safeguard of the environment in all the operation
- Implement overrides and inhibits as and when required, strong experience of COW system is required.
- Analyse operations situations and remedies to operational anomaly.
- Coordinate with shift supervisor and site operators on plant operation
- 8+ years’ experience in oil & gas
- University degree or equivalent in Engineering.
- Strong safety background
- A good understanding of the hydrocarbon production cycle, Operations Readiness and Assurance process, Engineering standards and quality assurance and corporate management system and strategies.
- The incumbent must be able to develop concise & technically sound documents and have the ability to communicate effectively and influence staff from other disciplines.
- Good general understanding of project procedures and requirements with regard to construction, testing, plant inspection, turnover, commissioning and start-up.
- Possess Supervisory, presentation and ability to develop staff.
- Strong interpersonal skills are required to be able to liaise successfully with other disciplines.
- Good experience of commissioning and start up of new plants.
- Previous experience with Emerson Delta-V control system.
- 14 Days on/ 14 Days off
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.