MSELECT is looking to hire a Junior Cost Engineer for an international oil and gas operator in Sulaymaniyah. Candidates must have a minimum of 5 years of experience in a drilling or well services environment in an engineering, supply chain accounting, or project management role. Fluency in English and Kurdish is a must.
Under supervision, the Junior Cost Engineer – Local Services performs a wide range of routine to advance the cost engineering at a well site. Performs all Invoice verifications, data entry in SAP, as well as Cost tracking for local services. Reports to Senior Cost Engineer.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Accurate and timely creation of Purchase Requisitions
- Accurate and timely creation of Service Entry Sheets (SES) in SAP (per job tickets)
- Follow up with Suppliers to confirm invoice values.
- Assist with invoice verification.
- Coordinate with the warehouse in order to verify that the costs of materials issues are correctly captured on a timely basis in both Well-View and SAP
- Verify cost coding on SES and invoices in accordance with the approved AFE document.
- Assist Cost Engineer to maintain an up-to-date reconciliation table in Well-View. This will be performed as SES’s are approved.
- Maintain a commitment register with data from SAP and offline sources.
- Maintain a rental register in SAP (or other suitable system) which tracks the items in the SAP commitment documents.
- Track costs per work order and contract
Minimum Educational, Technical Qualifications/Certifications Required
- University Degree in Petroleum Engineering. Alternatively, business, management. The role requires both business and engineering orientation
Minimum Professional Experience Required
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a drilling or well services environment in an engineering, supply chain accounting, or project management role.
Competencies/Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong analytical skills and excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Excellent communication skills in English
- Commitment to continuous learning
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Resilient, good team player
- Well-developed interpersonal skills
- Stress tolerance
- Ability to work with individuals from different backgrounds.
- Understanding of accounting, engineering principles
- Excellent computer skills (MS Office Suite)
- Contribute to development and implementation of procedures and work instructions for the completion of related tasks.
- Senior Cost Engineer
- Exploration and Production
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting proces