MSELECT is looking to hire a Fire and Gas (E&I) Trainee for an international oil and gas operator in Duhok. Candidates must have a minimum of 3 years of Fire & Gas technicians’ role within oil and gas industry. Fluency in English is a must.
The Fire and Gas Trainee working within the site wide and will be responsible for the safe, efficient & cost-effective operation of the company sites in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq. Will perform preventive and restorative maintenance duties and tasks safely and effectively on fire and gas systems across the production facility. It is a remote site and camp-based position requiring the candidate to work equal time shift rotation.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Acts as a site focal point for all Fire & Gas Detection equipment
- Acts as a Performing Authority in the PTW system with a full understanding and working to override/ inhibit procedures and processes
- Maximizing the Instrument, Control and Safety Systems to safely and efficiently contributing to delivering optimum site production
- Ensuring safe and efficient operation of allocated Electrical equipment, systems, and installation areas
- Creating Fire & Gas inhibit risk assessments to perform maintenance, without placing personnel or equipment at risk
- Perform inhibits, isolations/ de-isolations as required and perform preventative and restorative maintenance duties and tasks safely and effectively on Fire and Gas safety systems
- Carry out all Fire & Gas maintenance and associated activities
- Implementing a planned maintenance program that directly reports to the maintenance supervisor
- Diagnosing and rectifying faults to maximize equipment availability, identify spares requirement and stock control
- Acts as a Performing Authority/ L2 risk assessment in the PTW system
- Maximizing the Fire & Gas Safety Systems to safely and efficiently; contributing in delivering optimum site production
- Ensuring safe and efficient operations of Fire & Gas systems and installation areas
- Carrying out all Fire & Gas maintenance and associated activities including condition inspection and reporting to the company’s international standards; Including ATEX rated equipment.
- Updating and maintaining the maintenance management system; reviewing and maintaining compliance and following up on defects and reporting directly reporting to Instrument lead/Maintenance supervisor
- Diagnosing and rectifying faults to maximize equipment reliability, identify spares requirement and assisting with critical stock control, i.e., reviewing min/ max with the store’s controller.
- Monitoring specialist support vendors/contractors within Fire & Gas remit.
- Raising work permits and preparing work-packs, as appropriate to progress work, also for vendors and contractors
- Compiling Proof of work and submitting to lead to the technical review and maintaining competency personal portfolio
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must be self-motivated
- Must be proactive
- Must be able to demonstrate ability to work within a small operations’ team structure
Education and Experience:
- Must be able demonstrate a hands-on experience in Fire & Gas equipment maintenance
- Must have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in the Fire & Gas technicians’ role within oil and gas facilities or a service company in oil and gas facilities
- Must be proficient in English language both verbal and written
- Must be computer literate and ability to use MS Office Programs (Outlook, Word, Excel)
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process