Purpose of the Role
Responsible for planning, development, tracking, analysis and reports on AFEs and verification / coding of invoices associated with the execution of CAPEX well projects and ongoing OPEX work. Ensures both Capital and Operational Expenditures are effectively managed, controlled and monitored. Tracks vendor invoices to contracts and make sure that the rates and items charged reconciles with contracts as well as Cost Reports. Other ad hoc reporting as and when required.
- Review vendor invoices in detail along with comparing them with contracts, back-up documents, daily department reports other resources.
- Process invoices in the system using 2-way match or 3-way match.
- Assist in Month-End closing.
- Responsible to contribute to the AFE submission process, manages well costs and prepares forecasts, checks and approves invoices, etc.
- Build initial Budgets & AFE (Authorization for Expenditure) and subsequent revisions.
- Monitor and report on actual spend by Codes within the AFEs.
- Monitor spends by category versus Budget.
- Monitor and report monthly accruals for work performed.
- Monitor and forecast “future outlook for spend” versus actual spend amounts and timing.
- Should be comfortable with meeting short deadlines and have the ability to timely deliver a quality product. Support to drilling team for daily well cost follow-up.
- Organise regular cost review meetings with Budget Holder to identify opportunities to improve budgetary controls.
- Make sure all the Cost Control processes are compliant with Supply Chain and Financial procedures.
- Resolving complex invoice disputes by close interaction with suppliers and contractors
- Preparing well reconciliations.
Key working relations
- Direct: Finance and Supply Chain Manager
- Indirect: Production, HSE, Drilling and General Department Managers
- Works Safely
Qualification & Experience
- CA / ACCA / CIMA qualified or finalist
- 5 years of experience in Oil & Gas industry with at least 2 years in similar role
- Excellent proficiency in English (written and spoken)
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process