mselect is looking to hire a Well Planning Geologist for an international oil & gas operator in Basrah. Candidates must have a minimum of 3 years of experience in well planning/operations. English and Arabic fluency is a must.
This process of well planning, risk assessment and execution begin with receipt of the JID (Job Initiation Document) supplied by the Subsurface teams, which contains the well targets, rationale for drilling and data requirements and continues to the Final Well Review that occurs after receipt of the Well Handover Document.
The implementation of this core set of processes is essential to the efficient planning and implementation of the field development plans.
Reporting to the Well Planning Team Leader, the Well Planning Geologist is responsible for planning, preparing and reviewing drilling activity for the wells drilled in the field.
- Preparing Initial and Final LAD documentation, checking location viability and access.
- Preparing well designs and other SoR documents then complete the SoR.
- Monitor and advise of rigsite preparation timings and progress
- Participate of periodical integrated well reviews.
- Geoscience degree with more than 3 years of experience in well planning/operations
- Pro-active work ethic - evaluates requirements and does things before being asked to, or forced to, by events
- Demonstrates a clear understanding of the business context then acts accordingly
- Demonstrates shared commitment to the success of the team and the wider organisation
- Excellent communications skills
- Good English language skills - spoken and written
- Experience with oilfield operations and processes
- Good structural and reservoir geological understanding
- Understanding of risks and appropriate involvement in preparation of risk assessments and mitigation
- 5 days on/ 2 days off
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.