Reporting to the Company External Affairs Manager, the Social Performance Manager coordinates the interface between the Company and local communities impacted by Company operations. He/she is responsible for maintaining and updating Company’s social performance processes and procedures and designing and implementing metrics and KPIs to measure Company’s social performance as it pertains to Company’s neighbouring communities. He/she is also responsible for coordinating with Company’s Community Liaison Officers (CLOs) and supporting their professional development.
- Develop, update, and maintain Company’s policies, procedures, strategies, and processes with regards to community engagement and issues management as required and in line with international standards
- Coordinate community engagement documentation and data management including data collection, monitoring, analysis, planning and reporting
- Maintain and update a consistent strategy for community engagement to assist CLO’s with establishing cordial relationship with neighbouring communities. Develop and update key CLO messages and messaging campaigns to support consistency in engagement
- Coordinate with CLOs and the External Affairs Manager to investigate community grievances to identify the root causes and measures to mitigate future occurrences. Maintain the grievance register and related documentation
- Maintain the social performance risk register and help the team ensure continual reduction of Social Risks
- Develop communication materials to provide progress updates regarding Community social performance including design and development of data visualisation tools
- Provide guidance for CLOs and support their professional development by providing training and mentoring and helping develop a CLO competency framework
- Support implementation of international governance standards and commitments of Company and concerned stakeholders
- Identify continuous improvement opportunities
- Educated to university degree level
- 5 years’ minimum working experience in community engagement and social performance role
- A demonstrable knowledge of international standards regarding community engagement
- Experience in relevant sustainable development programmes and non-technical risk evaluations
- Language skills: Fluent written and spoken business English and Arabic.
- Good command of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Outlook
- Good Communicator, Team Player and Self Motivated
- Tactful and persuasive
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to motivate teams.
- Ability to work odd or long hours if required
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and to be able to ‘think on your feet’
- 5 days on 2 days off
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.