The purpose of the role is to find optimization opportunities by leveraging the use of petroleum engineering skills, tools (PROSPER, GAP and in house-built tools) and the collaboration with other teams (Base Management and Operations). Main optimisation focus will be for natural flow wells and ESPs.
- Deep understanding of field optimisation concepts
- understand the oil allocation process, overall production and strategies
- petroleum engineer skills and ability to use tools to optimize the production and performance of the wells. In specific: Wells and network modelling: a well by well optimization followed up by the overall impact to the whole system. It is required a good knowledge of PETEX software (PROSPER and GAP)
- The candidate needs to be able to work and communicate with other departments in the organization (operation, wells, production team and reservoir teams) both locally (in Basra) and abroad, so a good level of English is essential
- Participation to meetings, with the ability to interact and present, if required
Criteria & Qualifications
- Essential education: University Degree in Petroleum Engineering, Petrochemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Chemical Engineering
- At least 5 years’ experience covering the optimisation and performance production
- Strong communication skills with ability to work with in a multicultural environment
- Languages: Fluent in English and Arabic
- Knowledge of programming languages and data science is a plus
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.