MSELECT is looking to hire a Risk & Compliance Specialist for an international oil and gas operator in Basrah. Candidates must have a minimum of 5 years of experience in Risk & Compliance Audits, with at least 4 years of experience in the oil & gas sector. Fluency in English is a must.
Assist in Monitoring & Documenting Compliance Activities and ensure compliance with EDPSC, JOA, Applicable Laws and other Adhoc requirements / instructions issued by Ministry of Oil. Assist in Monitoring Risk Management Framework and Updating Risk Registers. Liaise with other functions to collect required information for maintaining Risks & Compliance Registers.
- Assist in developing, maintaining and implementing plans for risk & compliance management and related activities
- Assist to coordinate with other functions and follow up on regular basis related to risk / compliance checklist
- Assist in preparing / reviewing various policies / procedures required for smooth functioning
- Assist in preparation & implementation of annual risk & compliance audit plan
- Assist in planning, implementing and managing risk & compliance awareness programs
- Any additional duties assigned by line manager from time to time
- Awareness sessions on risk & compliance activities
- Regular updates on risk registers & compliance checklists and gap analysis, etc.
- Periodic reports on various activities performed during the year
- Ensure that all information prepared for stakeholders reflect true and fair information. Focus of the job must on desired outcomes through effective implementation
- Ensure that a single and a complete/reliable database is maintained in accordance to established guidelines and it is accessible to other team members
- Liaise with other functions to collect accurate and timely information
Policies, Systems, Processes and Procedures:
- Assist and contribute to the development and implementation of risk & compliance audit policies, procedures and related templates
- Assist in continuous improvements to the existing systems and processes to achieve the best outcomes for risk & compliance activities
Health, Security, Safety and Environment:
- Ensure compliance with all relevant health, security, safety and environmental management policies, procedures and controls within own area, monitoring, reviewing and evaluating on a continuous basis, to guarantee employee safety, legislative compliance, delivery of high-quality service and a responsible environmental attitude
- Contribute and ensure timely and accurate reporting within and outside organization
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration or other similar discipline
- Preferably Certified Internal Auditor from any recognized professional body
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office products
- Good command of verbal and written English
- 5 years’ experience in Risk & Compliance Audits with at least 4 years of experience in the Oil & Gas Sector
- Strong knowledge of Oil & Gas value chain and project operations
- Strong knowledge of Petroleum Contracts with State Partner (Preferably for Southern Iraq Region)
- Strong planning, organizational skills and attention to detail
- Good knowledge of Internal Control & Compliance Activities
- Ability to work both collaboratively and individually
- Ability to constructively argue with other staff to convince them on required action plan
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.