- The Production Operations technician (Power) is responsible of carrying out routine operations and switching of both LV and HV switchboard.
- The position requires significant degree of technical ability to install, calibrate, repair, adjust, inspect and perform preventative maintenance on electrical power plant equipment and electrical instrumentation and control systems.
- Tasks are performed in accordance with established policies and procedures under the general supervision of the Production Shift Supervisor and close coordination with the electrical maintenance team lead.
- Perform electrical isolation based on the preventive maintenance plan or urgent total/ partial power isolation in case of emergencies
- Ensures the technical integrity of the plant electrical equipment
- Using test equipment & hand tools to diagnose locate & fix electrical problems
- Checking & testing circuit breakers and replacing them where required
- Daily inspection and monitoring for the running of power equipment, routine check log sheet
- Connecting wires to circuit breakers, transformers and other components. Accountable for all electrical and general tasks relating to maintenance. Travelling to well locations and working both indoor and outdoor
- Using tools & testing equipment including oscilloscopes, ammeters & test lamps
- Administrative work like maintaining records and files and preparing reports
- Cooperate with the maintenance team to carry out electrical isolation and de-isolation
- Monitors power and diesel consumption and seeks optimization
- Working closely with the projects for punch listing, system walkthrough's, handover and acceptance of power systems and electrical systems
- Inspect electrical components, such as transformers, cables, switchboards, busbars and circuit breakers
- Identify electrical problems with a variety of testing devices
- Repair or replace wiring, equipment, or fixtures using hand tools and power tools
- Direct and train workers to install, maintain, or repair electrical wiring or equipment
- Maintains and repairs large motors, equipment, and control systems in fields and substations
- Troubleshoots electrical problems and remodeling typically repair and replace faulty
- Electrical Engineering degree
- Good understanding of and demonstrable hands-on experience in all functional aspects of commissioning, production and process of oil & gas
- MS Office: Advanced (Excel, Power Point, Word)
- CMMS SAP or equivalent such as Maximo
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.