mselect is looking to hire a Procurement Officer for an oil and gas service client in Erbil. Candidates must have at least 7 years of relevant experience in the oil and gas industry. English, Kurdish and Arabic fluency is a must; Turkish is a plus.
- Capable of managing all types of procurement activities related to EPC oil & gas projects from project start until completion
- Responsible for all the procurement related activities on all types of projects and must work with intense follow up with all vendors and manage to meet the set project deadlines
- Must be proficient in handling and managing all procurement queries, have close follow up with vendors to meet the set project target dates as per each project schedule
- Responsible for consulting with the Design Coordinator and other Engineers as required to deal with the related procurement queries and requirements
- Actively contribute to annual savings targets, challenging supplier costs wherever possible and develop a constructive and professional relationship with all key stakeholders within the business
- Monitor the daily operations of procurement activities and report the progress updates regularly to the Operations Manager
- Interact with suppliers daily to resolve transactional issues and gather critical information invoices, tracking info, tax docs
- Responsible for appropriate supplier selection/bidding processes for selected purchase requests, and supplier and contract pricing validation for all purchase requests under category management responsibility
- Responsible for supplier communication to resolve transactional issues and manage projects procurement activities with improved procurement processes
- Efficiently resolve invoicing prices, and terms and conditions with all Suppliers to enable efficient order processing
- Minimum 7 years' experience in the oil and gas industry
- Extensive knowledge of Oilfield materials, equipment, and construction is essential
- Knowledge of strategic sourcing methodology
- Education: Degree in Technical or Business discipline
- Demonstrable training and experience with an IOC or Oilfield Service Company is essential
- Must be fluent in English, Kurdish, Arabic language (writing, speaking, and reading). Turkish language is a bonus.
- Competences: Strong analytical, communication and organizational skills
- Have strong computer skills (Microsoft Office applications, procurement software)
- High initiative-taking and must have the ability to perform with minimum supervision, within a team in a high-pressure environment
- Excellent people skills, and oral and written communication skills
- Excellent critical thinking skills which involve follow up with vendors to meet Project deadlines
- Accurate and strong diligence and ability to multi-task and manage time effectively
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.