mselect is looking to hire a Diesel Mechanic Technician for an international oil and gas operator in Duhok. Candidates must have a minimum of 10 years of mechanical experience in the petrochemical industry and be fluent in English.
Provides hands-on troubleshooting, repair, maintenance and overhaul of Diesel Engine Power Generation Units within the petrochemical industry in a manner which assures minimum downtime of equipment.
- Troubleshoots, repairs, maintains and overhauls diesel engines power generation unit by using technical data such as OEM and technical drawings
- Hands-on repairs and overhauls of Cummins, Perkins, CAT and Kubota diesel engines
- Identifies and orders spare parts, supplies, tools and equipment needed in the repair, maintenance and overhaul of diesel engine power generation units
- Utilize diagnostic equipment to fault find and identify defect
- Develops and implements preventative maintenance programs for diesel engine power generation units
- Plan, organize and execute minor and major overhauls on diesel engines in accordance with the preventative maintenance program
- Provide supervision and training of local personnel
- Observe all safety procedures and company policies
- Must have an excellent working knowledge and experience working on diesel engines power generation units
- Engineering Diploma as a minimum
- Served Technical Apprenticeship with a recognized International Diesel Engine Service Provider
- Must have excellent knowledge of Cummins and Perkins Diesel Engines
- Minimum of 10 years of mechanical experience in the petrochemical industry
- Computer competency a must
- H2S experience preferred
- Ability to work effectively within team of operations and maintenance
- Ability to work with multinational workforce
- Willingness to work on shift/rotation schedule
- Proven track record of training national staff while completing multiple tasks
- Proficiency in English is a must for this role
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.