Professional/Technical service role. This is a fully competent position for the professional reporting job family. An experienced professional applying proficient reporting knowledge of the assigned functional area typically obtained through advanced education and work experience.
Under some supervision, evaluates, selects, and applies standard analytical and reporting techniques, procedures, and criteria, using judgment in making minor adaptations and modifications. Requires sufficient professional experience to assure competence as a fully trained Data & Reporting Analyst.
Is individually or as part of a team, responsible for gathering, extracting, verifying, and compiling various qualitative and quantitative data needed for onward provision and input to regulatory bodies such as the Ministry of Natural Resources (MNR) Kurdistan Region of Iraq. Interfaces with operations personnel, service companies, contractors, subcontractors, and other third parties.
- The Data & Reporting Analyst is a key contact for various external governmental authorities, internal stakeholders, employees, contractors, and sub-contractors concerning data collection and onward provision distribution as per documented Scope of Work (SOW). Key activities include, but are not limited to, the gathering of HSSE, Production and Drilling Operation related primary (raw) data from and producing written reports, presentations, or any other required documentation to fulfill daily, weekly, quarterly, semi-annually, or annually requirements as per documented Scope of Work (SOW). Examines data for precision, accuracy, consistency, comparability, and correctness.
- Job duties may include regular visits and work at operational facilities and remote sites. Assignments generally include such types of work as preparing complex reports and maintaining detailed records requiring careful selection, classification, or compilation of information from several sources.
- Duties will be weighted as 60% (Business Analysis), i.e., meeting with stakeholders and analysis of stakeholder documents to replicate or implement selected processes. The creation of reports, documentation or algorithms needed to successfully implement these processes. 30% (Data Extraction and Preparation) i.e., preparation and analysis of data and analytical tools. 5% (Organizational Knowledge and Strategy), i.e., monitoring data science trends, emerging tools and technologies to continually improve processes and methodologies to drive enhanced business decision-making. 5% (Miscellaneous Tasks), i.e., performing miscellaneous tasks as directed by the department heads.
- Actively involved in relationship building and positioning of the company in the region. Schedules, organizes and plans meetings for the various department and be responsible for filing other administrative duties, such as filing, faxing, answering phone calls, routing, and responding to incoming mail or email.
- Requires advanced skills in spreadsheet and word processing software and the ability to perform numerical and statistical analysis. Experience with Power BI, SQL, Oracle, R, MATLAB, and Python or data visualization software such as Tableau strongly preferred
- The job holder will proactively attain a thorough knowledge of company practices, procedures, and company policies. Requires thorough knowledge of all current government procedures and legal requirements and must have the ability to establish face-to-face relationships with appropriate government officials.
- Undergraduate Degree in the appropriate discipline required
- Typically, over 3 years of relevant experience
- Written and verbal fluency in English is essential.
- Microsoft Office, with an advanced level of Excel and PowerPoint
- Highly skilled with high level of proficiency. Fully competent in own specific area, able to share own expertise with others.
- Independent contributor. May guide developing professionals within own area of expertise.
- Under general supervision, works closely with senior peers. Usually, technical guidance is available to review work programs and advise on unusual features of assignment. Some latitude for independent judgement and decision making within defined guidelines
- Management Challenge – Individual contributors who plan and organize their work, manage smaller projects or supervisors of staff whose tasks are broadly similar, establishing and delivering team objectives. Allocates routine tasks where the result is clear and precedents available; checks back regularly on progress. May empower the necessary resources, including the coordination of homogenous teams.
- Teamwork - Takes overall responsibility for the achievement of own team’s goals and identifies the skill gaps and opportunities for the team to improve its effectiveness, coaching individual members of the team to improve their contribution.
- Relationship Management - Monitors current service levels to ensure agreed standards are consistently delivered. Identifies trends and forecasts future customer needs, recommends and implements changes to continually improve the customer offering. “Customers” may be both internal and external and are not typically immediate colleagues.
- Communication & Influence - Selects, interprets, and communicates information, tailoring it to the audience, using their understanding of the other parties to influence and negotiate.
- Problem-solving - Has the freedom to respond to different situations, considering a range of possible options within the overall organizational policy to determine what the right solution should be.
- Accountability and Decision Making - Operates in a role subject to official policies, regulations, and procedures but with some freedom to act within prescribed guidelines and where decisions are likely to impact other areas within the organization.
- Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities - Uses depth of organizational and professional knowledge to determine how procedures should change to meet the future requirements of their area (typically gained through several years relevant experience).
- Change & Innovation - Introduces, conveys and implements new ideas and ways of working to achieve benefits across their area of responsibility. Seeks areas for change and is able to convey the rationale for change to others.
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.