mselect is looking to hire an Area Sales Manager for an international manufacturing and distribution client in Karbala. Candidates must have at least 3 years in sales in a managerial role. Fluency in English and Arabic is a must.
- Responsible for performance of the region’s sales plans, develop the sales team and control their performance.
- Control the receivables from customers, distributors and inform them about sum to be paid.
- Make own individual weekly work plan in line with the development plans of the sales department having divided it into daily sections.
- Analyze and approve the optimal preseller routes developed by Sales Managers.
- Know the potentials of the current distributors to plan their development.
- Go on routes together with subordinates to control and train them.
- Contribute to arrangement of a corporate spirit in the sales department.
- Carry out inspections on routes for the purpose of developing new opportunities to increase the sales volume.
- Meet with the subordinates on a weekly basis to discuss problems and set goals.
- Demand strict performance of functional duties from subordinates.
- Know the business situation in the area of responsibility.
- Analyze daily, weekly, monthly and annual sales reports.
- Inform the Sales Director about competitors’ activities on time.
- Control the sanitary and technical condition of the vehicles given to the region and inform the Sales Director about violations, if any.
- Report to the Sales Director about all revealed shortcomings in the performance of the entrusted division, as well as the achievements.
- Take participation in selection and assignment of employees within the division.
- Arrange qualification and professional skills improvement activities for the subordinates, run morale-building works within the collective.
- Provide support for new employees, control the process of internship of the new employees.
- Encourage a climate of mutual assistance and occupational responsibility within the collective.
Qualifications & Skills Requirement
- Bachelor’s Degree in related filed
- Highly analytical.
- Good communication skills.
- Provisions, resolutions, orders and other managerial and normative documents regulating sales; of product.
- City map and market condition.
- Work specifications of the sales department and development programs.
- Progressive forms and methods of trade and sales.
- Terms of concluding sales agreements and registering necessary documents.
Critical Experiences Specific to this Job
- Good knowledge of company Sales Systems.
- Managerial and/or other functions experience is plus.
- Ability to lead and manage cross-function teams, upper management and Corporate.
- At least 3 years in sales as a manager.
- FMCG knowledge – product / history / philosophy
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.