MSELECT is looking to hire a Workover Petroleum Engineer for an international oil & gas operator in Basrah. Candidates must have a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience. English and Arabic fluency is a must.
This is a rotational position reporting to the base management wellwork team leader in the field subsurface team. This position will work in conjunction with Wells department to achieve steady and successful operations over 10 active workover rigs. In 2021, organization will perform over 180 workover jobs which will increase close to 200 jobs in 2022. The position provides coordination for over 240 SORs a year across production and injection wells, primarily involving ESP wells. The role will involve keeping track of executed jobs and providing investigation and explanation for failures.
- Follow daily progress with workover and communicate any issues as appropriate.
- Contribute to workover troubleshooting.
- Identify, and progress efficiency opportunities for subsurface and workover teams. Drive modernization of process using digital tools such as Power BI.
- Review, track and distribute Rig workover SORs.
- Regular communication with organization/HQ support teams to identify and progress workover candidates.
- QC detailed programs prepared by Wells department for the well workovers.
- Participate in Workover schedule review meetings, prioritize SORs with high incremental oil rate, ensure that the job is executable with all the stakeholders (Wells, ESP, Projects & Operations)
- Prepare post job analysis for failed workovers.
- Identify and progress technologies for field development.
- Know and apply HSE policies as well related to well operations
- Petroleum Engineering or similar Engineering degree
- Essential experience and job requirements
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience.
- Proven experience in Well intervention (water shut off, stimulation, eline), Workovers, well completion, Well control & Well integrity standards.
- Well Operations experience
- Experience of working in a dynamic environment and managing change in a controlled approach
- Experience of working within a multicultural environment.
- Experience on Production and Injection Well Management, Well & System Performance, Short term Production / Injection Optimisation.
Desirable criteria and qualifications
- Anticipates future situations and plans ahead to meet them
- Data analysis and presentation techniques, e.g. Spotfire or Power BI.
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.