mselect is looking to hire a Surveillance Engineer for an international oil & gas operator in Basrah. Candidates must have a minimum of 5 years of relevant oilfield experience. English and Arabic fluency is a must.
Responsible for planning and monitoring the execution of well and reservoir surveillance activities in the field, aligned with Wells Services schedules and ensure to follow job specific programs included in statement of requests (SOR). Focal point for interaction with other Subsurface teams and support junior members in the Surveillance team.
Ideal candidate should have extensive knowledge of the different types of rigless surveillance activities (SGS, PBU/PFO, PLT/ILT, etc.), as well broad understanding the principles of operation of the different well metering systems (test separator, sonar meter, orifice plates, multi-phase flow meters).
Candidate will have full accountability for collected data from service companies, which needs to be quality assessed and validated accordingly, including operations follow up and preliminary data analysis.
- Management of daily surveillance activities in producer and injector wells, including planning and forecasting primarily focused to meet/exceed organizational targets.
- Liaise with service companies to ensure programme and data quality standards compliance, resolve discrepancies when presented. Provide technical input as required during planning phase, job execution and onsite supervision when needed. Ensure proper procedures are implemented following company HSE guidelines to avoid environmental risks.
- Provide key support on the trial and implementation of new technologies for the different types of surveillance activities, as well as processes enhancements in order to improve overall execution efficiency.
- Evaluate, analyse and perform data and report QA/QC for surveillance activities such as well testing, sonar metering, static and flowing gradient surveys, pressure build up/fall off, well testing, production and injection logging, Well head sampling, etc.
- Support Quarterly Surveillance JID preparation. Prepare statement of requests for surveillance activities. Generate and distribute priority requests to Wells Services/vendors. Arrange for all surveillance data to be transferred to respective databases and oversee data reporting issues within in the organization.
Criteria & Qualifications
- BSc in either an engineering or geoscience discipline with minimum 5-10 years of relevant oilfield experience.
- Good understanding of Reservoir & Petroleum engineering concepts including Waterflood projects.
- Broad knowledge and experience in well interventions (rig & rigless).
- Familiar with Multiphase Flow Metering Technology, Surface Data Acquisition software, PVT properties and analyses.
- Understanding of pressure transient analysis (PTA) and nodal analysis (PETEX suite). High level of Excel and Microsoft visualization tools
- Fluent in English, good communication skills and have ability to work in teams and perform tasks with limited supervision.
- 14 days on / 14 days off
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.