mselect is looking for a Subsurface Petroleum Engineer for an international oil and gas operator in Basrah. Candidates must have a minimum of 4 years of relevant experience with a strong background in well performance. Fluency in English and Arabic is a must.
The Petroleum Engineer will be the primary focal point for subsurface reservoir and wells’ performance. The Subsurface PE ensures safe & optimum performance of all wells, De-Gassing Stations (DGS). This includes daily monitoring, well management, maintaining well models, and identifying Optimization and Well-work Opportunities.
- Review & monitor all online wells on daily basis. Identify ceased/tripped/problematic wells
- Build and maintain Prosper Models (Natural Flow and ESP)
- Identify well/system optimization opportunities
- Seek out and progress wellwork opportunities. Work with PE lead, Reservoir Management and Well Work teams to deliver solutions
- Recommend surveillance activity for reservoir monitoring and identification of rate-adding wellwork opportunities
- Optimize well operating parameters (maximize production subject to relevant constraints)
- Prepare and present DGS Performance Review to management
- Participate in integrated well/ reservoir reviews
- Monitor well production losses/ gains to help understand DGS production trends and anomalies
- Highlight updates required in field database to maintain accurate records of well operating parameters
- Interface with other teams in the Subsurface, Operations and Wells departments
- University Degree in Petroleum Engineering, or proven experience as Petroleum Engineer
- At least 4 years’ experience with a strong background in well performance analysis, rig & rigless wellwork operations (CT/wireline/workover), ESP operation and troubleshooting, and surveillance activities (such as PBU analysis, well testing, PLTs/ILTs)
- Proficiency with Integrated Production Modelling software mainly Prosper and in ESP modelling
- Ability to work and communicate across technical disciplines & multiple levels
14 Days on/ 14 Days off
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.