mselect is looking to hire a Site Engineer for an international retail client in Baghdad. Candidates must have a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience in the HVAC industry. Fluency in English and Arabic is a must.
- Supervise site works and ensure successful completion of installation projects as per the agreed scope of work, quality standards and timeline
- Inspect subcontractor work and ensure the design and material specification guidelines are met
- Provide technical advice on the installation procedures and quality standards
- Liaise with clients to understand project design requirements and provide effective solutions
- Prepare show drawings, selection and final quotation as per agreed specifications with the clients.
- Perform regular site inspections for VRF, Packaged and Duct projects and ensure subcontractors follow the approved design and material specifications
- Monitor the subcontractors' performance, ensure timely completion and escalate concerns to the management when and as required
- Ensure accurate and up-to-date documentation of completed projects, including drawings, technical, and site inspection reports
- Ensure installation works are performed as per company standards and prepare the necessary documentation/site reports
- Provide regular progress reports to the management
- Follow and maintain health and safety procedures and ensure appropriate PPE availability on sites
Core competencies are the behavioural competencies required for the position that is essential to company business.
Customer Focus: Builds and maintains customer relationships
- Ability and willingness to give priority to internal (i.e. contractors, consultants, partners, and suppliers) and internal customers (i.e. other departments), delivering a high quality service to meet or exceed their expectations. Building long-term relationships and focusing efforts on delivering an outstanding experience. Provide advice and guidance to ensure continued service excellence
Drive for Results: Focuses on delivering results
- Ability to meet and possibly exceed objectives and/or targets. Effectively overcomes obstacles and meets goals to improve the company's long-term results. Consistently delivers required business results
Teamwork: Builds and maintains collaboration
- Ability to work cooperatively with others, to be part of a team, and work together towards a common goal. Develop and maintain positive relationships with others, allowing them to overcome obstacles and difficulties
Foster Innovation: Willingly implements change
- Ability to create new ideas and use them to develop new or improved processes, methods, solutions, technology, unexplored markets, products, or services. Committed to embracing and adopting change
- BSc in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent field
- Project Management Professional (PMP) / PRINCE II certification is a plus
- 3+ years of experience in construction, MEP, and HVAC industries
- Good understanding of site supervision, inspection, and quality control
- In-depth knowledge of engineering, technology, building, construction, and design
- Strong knowledge of Duct, VRF, Chillers, Package, and Split products
- Solid project management skills
- Hands-on experience using AutoCAD
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Proficient MS Office skills
- Fluent in English and Arabic
Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.