The Security Operations Controller will be required to conduct route and site surveys, produce reports, and maintain a full working knowledge of the assigned duty location. You will be responsible for site security and the supervision of security watchkeeper personnel, be confident in the assigning work activities and be able to provide on-the-job training to less experienced security personnel. To be considered for this role, you must be confident in using office productivity software and be additionally willing to patrol the assigned area or sits or stands at post to give direction to visitors or employees and enforces security rules and regulations.
- Responsible for supervision of security personnel assigned to specific shift, location or area
- Advises security personnel of assigned work activities and trains less experienced security personnel
- Supervises and ensures contractual compliance is achieved by company designated private security provider
- Logs all maintenance/vehicle issues requiring attention reported by the client and assigns to the relevant stakeholders for action
- Conducts weekly meetings and internal stakeholders to develop key working relationships
- Completes audits, inspections and quality assurance reports on client designated Security Provider in line with contractual standards
- Conducts route and site security surveys, producing comprehensive reports for stakeholders
- Maintains full knowledge of assigned duty location, including all security measures, access and egress locations for personnel and vehicles
- Conducts comprehensive investigations and produces incident reports where required, disseminating reports to stakeholders
- Conducts Security emergency drills at business units
- Conducts Security inductions in English and Kurdish language
- Handles stressful situations and provides a high level of service in a calm and professional manner
- May be required to patrols assigned area or sits or stands at post to prevent theft, violence, or infractions of rules; may give direction to visitors or employees and answers questions relative to services of establishment; enforces security rules and regulations; reports irregular activities
- Manages and updates, where required the Security physical security measures inventory
- Self-motivated, consistently striving to enhance service to internal customers, thoroughly planning all activities for self and others making the best use of all available resources
- Able to operate for extended periods of time including ‘out of normal’ working hours where operations dictate and to demonstrate situational awareness and alertness at all times during his duty
- Actively maintains key working relations with department managers, superintendents, and supervisors as required
- Adhere to the work management process of company procedures
- Maintains active knowledge of threat and key issues in Kurdish Region of Iraq (KRI)
- Any other Security related tasks requested by Security Supervisor from time to time
Minimum Educational and Professional Requirement:
- Only secondary level of education (High School). A diploma or Technical Certificate is preferred. Bachelor-level education is seen as a disadvantage for this position
- 6-8 years of relevant experience in law enforcement, military police, or a related security field. Experience may be substituted for education requirements
- Has clear verbal and written skills in Kurdish and English with minimum requirements of the CEFR: LEVEL-B2. Experience in Oil & Gas sector
- Knowledge of office productivity software such as Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Visio, etc
- Moderate to high skills with fully-competent level of proficiency. May consult with senior peers on general projects.
- May assist less experienced peers.
- Works under moderate supervision. Little latitude for independent judgement.
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.