MSELECT is looking to hire a Sales Manager for an automotive client in Baghdad. Candidates must have a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience and be fluent in English and Arabic.
- Sales- New Vehicle Showroom
Overall Objective of the Job
The Sales Supervisor is responsible for leading, directing, and motivating sales executives to perform their sales tasks in a professional manner. The Sales Supervisor will also evaluate sales tools and techniques and ensures their appropriateness with company’s overall objectives and strategies. The Sales Supervisor maintains the showroom and provides mechanisms to enhance vehicles display and increase retail sales.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Manages the implementation of the sales function plans and ensures their compliance with rules and policies.
- Develops the sales function work plan, assigns work activities, projects and programs, monitors workflow, reviews and evaluates work methods and procedures, and directs such activities to serve the Function goals and plans.
- Proposes plans and programs that boost the effectiveness of the sales function.
- Ensures that work activities are carried out achieving the pre-set performance goals and suggests any necessary actions to the direct supervisor.
- Participates in setting the section’s long and short-term objectives, communicates them to the subordinates, and ensures high quality achievements of the goals in a cost effective and timely manner.
- Helps in developing the section’s plans, policies and procedures that ensure a standardized, efficient and effective flow of operations.
- Supervises the activities of sales Executive to ensure their effectiveness and compliance with company approved policies and procedures.
- Selects, trains, motivates, evaluates and develops the sales executives to ensure the achievement of company objectives.
- Follows-up developments and new technologies and adopts best international practices in the workplace.
- Participates in formulating comprehensive retail sales strategy encompassing all aspects of sales management.
- Implements annual sales business plans, budgets and sales forecasts in accordance with overall strategies and directions.
- Executes action plans and time frame schedules to identify specific targets and sales quotas to be achieved by sales executives.
- Allocates and distributes tasks between sales Executive, determines their quotas, sales targets, and number of successfully completed cars deals transactions.
- Ensures the excellent condition of the showroom as well as its regular maintenance, the cleanliness and display of showroom vehicles.
- Ensures the compliance of showroom operations with overall performance standards.
- Meets showroom customers, discusses inquiries and describes suitable vehicles options for them.
- Ensures that the sales team maintains updated & good knowledge of company products and services, prices, promotions and any other details to be informed to customers.
- Supervises the preparation, issuance, and delivery of sold vehicles, including all legal requirements, car insurance, catalogues and tools.
- Provides post-sales support and oversees customer service activities.
- Supervises and monitors sales executives and directs them by providing his/her technical expertise that enhance their efforts and increase their targets.
- Ensures that sale teams follow up on ordering and delivery of cars, and those customers are updated with the progress/status.
- Conducts annual performance appraisals to review sales executives’ performance, recommends salary increases, rewards and promotions, and carries out disciplinary meetings when needed.
- Builds relationships with retail dealers in order to simulate interest for establishing strategic commercial relations with them.
- Ensures that all sales executives comply with company policies and procedures related to retail sales.
- Prepares periodic reports with respect to the function's activities and achievements to the direct supervisor.
- Specifies manpower requirements for the department according to the recruitment and selection and manpower planning practices
- Recommends training needs of subordinates’ and evaluating the outcomes of training courses in coordination with the concerned human resources personnel.
- Conducts performance appraisals for subordinates’ according to scheduled plans and recommending necessary actions as per the applied practices.
- Conducts periodic meetings with subordinates to follow up on the smooth running of activities and keeping abreast with latest business-related practices.
- Performs any related task as requested by the direct supervisor.
Organizational Relationships & Communication
- Service Department
- Logistics Department
- Finance Department
- Marketing Department
- HR Department
Educational Level/ Required Certificates
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration/ Sales & Marketing/ Auto Engineering or a related major
- Minimum 5 years of experience in automotive industry
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a managerial position.
- Adaptability to Change - Intermediate
- Effective Communication - Advanced
- Team Work - Intermediate
- Result Orientation - Intermediate
- Professional Passion and Drive - Intermediate
- Delegation and People Management
- Strategic Thinking and Decision Making - Advanced
- Entrepreneurship - Intermediate
- Compliance Management - Advanced
- Problem Solving - Advanced
- Customer Focus - Advanced
- Planning and Follow Through - Advanced
- Accuracy and Attention to Details - Advanced
- Negotiation Skills - Advanced
- Creativity and Innovation - Advanced
- Analysis and Pattern Recognition - Intermediate
- Networking - Intermediate
- Industry Standards - Intermediate
- Product Awareness - Advanced
- Computer Skills - Intermediate
- English Language - Advanced
- Functional Knowledge - Advanced
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process