The Production Operations Technician will report directly to the Production Shift Supervisor, his day-to-day responsibilities will include: Safe operations and troubleshooting of oil and gas surface production facilities, monitoring and modifying production process variables, front-line maintenance and aiding maintenance teams in maintenance programs, testing and operating of well heads and production facilities.
- Actively supports HSE processes by accomplishing daily activities within applicable regulations and policies, carrying out duties in an environmentally conscious manner, following safe operating practices, maintaining a safe working environment, and being prepared to respond to emergencies
- Reports Unsafe acts and/or conditions, no matter in what area of responsibility, so corrective actions can be taken
- Monitor, operate, and maintain oil and gas treatment and processing equipment including Pressure vessels, tanks, rotating equipment and wells
- Troubleshoot process problems and make minor adjustments to keep processing units on line
- Reads and records daily data from the production facilities and wells, completes required paperwork (e.g. equipment logs, wells readings etc); enters daily production readings and well test readings; runs all required reports and recognizes when well production is declining; and completes time sheets, daily work sheets and logs
- Have a considerable amount of experience in plant commissioning, start up, troubleshooting and normal operation
- Utilizes a Computerized Maintenance Management System (SAP) to create Notifications for maintenance works
- Conducts routine check-ups of all equipment and units to ensure the proper functioning in accordance with standard operating procedure and conditions
- Periodical oil and gas sampling collecting from the production facilities and wells as per the request and send to lab for test.
- Prepare equipment for maintenance including isolation, draining, steaming, N2 purging and other procedures as required
- Test wells through test separator and/or Multiphase flow meter to estimate the well production rates
- Issuing Safe Work Permits, initiating Lock Out/Tag Out clearances and isolations, conducting confined space permit surveys for determining safe work conditions
- Manage the chemical transferring activities inside the plant, top up chemicals in both stations and well pads, monitor and adjust the rate as per process requirements
- Coordinate with the contractor companies and monitor their activities in process area and wells as per the procedure, intervene in case of negative observation
- Secondary school followed by at least Two -year technical institute education in one of the following specialties: Oil production /Operations and control /Pumps and Turbines /Gas technology
- 5 years of overall general work experience within the oil & gas industry in a field-based position including at least 3 years of experience in the operations of surface production facilities and wells
- Computerized Maintenance Management System – SAP or equivalent
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Office: Excel, Word and Power point and aptitude for learning new software packages
- English – upper intermediate (verbal & written)
Rotation: 28 Days On/ 28 Days Off
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.