mselect is looking to hire a Power Plant Operations Supervisor for an international oil and gas operator in Basrah. Candidates must have a minimum of 10 years of experience as power plant operations Supervisor. Fluency in English is a must.
Responsible for day-to-day power plant operation and associated auxiliaries and coordination within teams so that power plant O&M jobs are efficiently & safely completed to maximize power availability, efficiency and reliability while contributing towards highest HSE standards within O&M workforce.
- Ensure safe operation of power plant gas turbines generators and associated auxiliaries as per OEM guidelines.
- Implement operation procedures in a safe manner
- Troubleshoots and diagnoses problems and implement efficient and effective solutions
- Effectively utilize the CMMS for notification and workorder completion along with feedback & failure reporting in CMMS
- Ensure gas turbine generators are maintained and operated as per OEM recommendations and procedures
- Review operational parameters for gas turbine generators and auxiliaries
- Ensure that all co-workers and contractors demonstrate safe work practices
- Ensure all daily logbooks are properly filled and maintained. Any abnormality is communicated well in time
- Maintain routine consumables required for operation
- Suggest improvements against failures
- Do risk assessment & JHA of routine and nonroutine jobs
COMMUNICATIONS & WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
- Surface facilities, HSE, Operations & Maintenance, PSCM, General services
- Third Party Contractors personnel
- Diploma in Electrical /Chemical discipline/ Associate Engineering
- 10 years of experience as power plant operations Supervisor
- Must have hands on experience of Operation of dual fuel gas turbines and associated auxiliaries
- Ability to effectively use PID, PFD, electrical drawings and develop job specific procedures
- Ability to analyse operational faults of dual fuel gas turbines and associated auxiliaries and suggest improvements
- Conversant with dual fuel gas turbines unit control panels
- Have working experience on CMMS
- Ability to handle emergency like ESD and restoring power plant power supply in case of breakdown, performing root cause analysis of breakdown, and suggesting control measures to avoid breakdown and ensure maximum power availability
- Conversant with power plant Start-up & Shutdown Sequence and Interlocks
- Strong interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
- Ability to communicate in English
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.