Development specialized on the free software project Open edX, used by many universities and companies to run online courses. It’s a large Python/Django codebase, with good code standards and architecture (a lot of the edX engineers come from MIT). You would work on a large e-learning provider’s contracts using the platform. Tasks are varied, from developing core platform features, custom exercises and tools for specific courses (XBlock), customizing and deploying instances, working on both client/server sides, documentation etc.
Skills & Requirements
- 4+ years working with Open edX exclusively (Development environment setup, Theming, Core customizations, Plugins/XBlock, REST APIs)
- Experience with Python web frameworks, specifically Django
- You feel comfortable working in a Docker based development environment
- Experience with relational databases (MySQL)
- Comfortable using git source control
- Experience with unit testing
- Experience with SDLC and tools like Jira and Confluence
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.