mselect is looking to hire a Learning & Development (L&D) Officer for a Consultancy Firm in Basra, with a minimum 3-5 years of experience in training coordination and proposal writing. Fluency in English and Arabic is mandatory.
The role of the L&D Officer is to work within the Learning and Development team to ensure the right training programs are delivered accurately and efficiently for external parties; this includes writing proposals, tenders, quotes, and procedures and coordinating day-to-day communication and administration with participants, trainers, internal teams and clients. The L&D Officer also works with trainers to organize and prepare materials and manage the evaluations of courses. The L&D Officer is also expected to explore new business opportunities by meeting with potential clients, participating at fairs, and exhibitions and presenting at conferences.
- Manages the marketing channels for the L&D department
- Writing and preparing training proposals, quotes and tenders
- Manage, increase, and maintain a pool of trainers across a broad range of topics
- Improve the day-to-day administration of the L&D team
- Increase the number of participants signing up for public courses
- Coordinate the day-to-day administration, logistics, set up and delivery, including providing technical support, of training programs
- Aids in scheduling training events, coordinates with instructors, obtains and distributes required instructional materials, and communicates schedules and details
- Be available to travel to manage and oversee training that is conducted outside mselect's training facilities or events in various cities
- Support the development of needs assessment surveys, feedback and monitoring systems
- Coordinates activities so training courses run smoothly
- Use an information system or database to enter data and produce reports on training statistics, inventory levels or assessments of the programs and instructors
- Assist with any other tasks required to support the L&D department
- At least 3 - 5 years of experience in training coordination and development
- Advanced English and Arabic, speaking and writing
- High attention to detail
- Experience with managing projects and timelines
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative
- Ability to work under pressure, multitask and prioritize.
Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.