mselect is looking for a Lab Supervisor for an international oil and gas operator in Basrah. Candidates must have a minimum of 5 years of experience in laboratory in Oil & Gas Industry. Fluency in English and Arabic is a must.
Supervise laboratory analysts and carry out tests, calibrations and inventories required to ensure laboratory activities are done safely, accurately and timely as required by operational considerations.
- Understand the HSE policy, analytical procedures and laboratory codes and ensure adherence to them by laboratory analysts.
- Ensure regular calibration and maintenance of all laboratory equipment.
- Maintain tidy surrounding, clean equipment and good housekeeping habits.
- Supervise the job done by laboratory analysts and ensure all tests are done safely, accurately and timely.
- Carry out crude oil, water and natural gas analysis besides any other analysis as required.
- Manage laboratory inventory, storage and supplies usage and ensure sufficient stock is always available.
- Prepare activities and stock reports.
- Perform regular and yearly performance appraisal for laboratory analysts and provide them to Laboratory Lead.
- Prepare and review laboratory procedures that are to be verified by laboratory lead.
- Perform responsibility of Laboratory Document Control.
- Act as Laboratory Lead when delegated.
- Carry out tasks assigned to him/her by the Lab lead and/or production chemist
- Bachelor or Diploma in Chemistry/Petroleum or equivalent
- Five years of experience in laboratory in Oil & Gas Industry.
- Good supervision and communication skills.
- Possesses the skills to read, write and speak English.
- Good computer and reporting skills.
14 Days on/ 14 Days off
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.