mselect is looking on behalf of a major global oil and gas client in Basrah an Instrument and Control Engineer, candidates must have 5 to 10 years of relevant experience in instrumentation & control engineering, including the design and operation of processing systems in the oil and gas industry, fluency in English and Arabic is a must.
Candidate shall report to Instrument & Control Team Lead and will be an integral member of a multi-discipline Engineering Department.
Candidate’s responsibilities shall include:
- Provide technical support, as necessary, to ROO Departments, namely; Brownfield and Greenfield Development Projects, Construction, Operations and Maintenance Groups, on all aspects of instrumentation and control engineering.
- Participate in conceptual, basic and detailed design activities.
- Provide assurance on engineering compliance with pertinent Standards, Specifications, Codes and Regulations.
- Ensure that non-conformities and temporary deviations are identified, risk assessed and plans are put in place to mitigate risks.
- Provide technical input to ROO management of change process. Carry out Site Surveys. Produce design and construction work pack deliverables. Contents to include; Scopes of Work, Design/Construction Drawings, Design calculations, MTOs, Task Hazard Assessments.
- Review and approve as necessary, third party engineering deliverables.
- Produce material requisitions, technical bid evaluations, interface as necessary with vendors via Procurement Department.
- Provide support as necessary to activity planning and progress reporting.
- Liaise and work closely with ROO Instrument Technical Authority for guidance as necessary.
- Represent ROO on technical issues associated with 3rd party organizations, national authorities, and regulatory bodies where necessary.
- HSE inputs to support ROO performance contract including safety audits, Isolation Audits, Safety Observations, Risk assessments etc.
- Develop, implement, and manage contracts as CAM where necessary. Provide input to budget planning.
Skills and Experience:
- 5 to 10 years relevant experience in instrumentation & control engineering, including the design and operation of processing systems in the oil and gas industry.
- Experience in onshore operations, emerging areas / multicultural environments. Relevant experience in successive roles includes problem analysis, solution proposal, related working procedure draft and implementation.
- Experience of engineering role in detailed engineering design, procurement, construction and commissioning of PLC, DCS, ESD, FGS & field instrumentation.
- Candidate to demonstrate familiarity with all relevant industry codes, standards and practices (IEC, API, ISO), for instrumentation & control systems.
- Candidate to demonstrate good presentation and effective interdisciplinary communication skills, capability of communication with all levels, manages with different cultural background
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.