mselect is looking to hire an experienced Senior Accounts Payable for an international consultancy client in Erbil. The successful candidate will be responsible for supervising the AP department, processing and managing the payroll run of employees, and preparing weekly and monthly reports such as vendor reconciliations, reconciling social security, PIT, accrual and provisions, and year-end closing.
- Supervise and train the AP staff, assigns work, and ensure they meet the deadlines.
- Ensure timely and accurate recording of the payroll of the contractors, vendor invoices, commission booking, and other miscellanies expenses.
- Prepare weekly and monthly reports, including payroll costs, accounts payable & aging reports, salary payable of the contractors, SS payable, PIT payable, and accrued expenses to track the company’s liabilities and ensure the expenses are recorded in the correct accounting period.
- Identify any discrepancies or errors in the payroll, vendor's invoices, and payments, such as duplicate payments or incorrect amounts, and take corrective actions.
- Ensure that all invoices, expenses, and costs have been properly recorded and paid on time.
- Manage and review indirect and direct expense entry processes to ensure proper coding, invoice approval, and timelines.
- Ensures that all accounts payable processes comply with the company policies, International accounting standards (IAS) International financial reporting standards (IFRs), and local laws and regulations.
- Provide a clear audit trail for any transactions related to the AP, which can help to satisfy auditors’ and regulatory requirements.
- Maintain liability accounts up to date and report the overdue amounts weekly and monthly.
- Identify areas for process improvements and implement changes as needed.
- ACCA, CPA, CA, Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in Accounts Payable and Payroll management
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles and practices
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.