The position is responsible for the delivery of a suite of core Safety training courses in company including Electrical Isolation training. The position reports directly to the Safety Training Team Lead.
- Work closely with the site HSE and Electrical &Instrumentation (E&I) Departments to design and deliver training courses as part of the site Safety Training suite
- Draft objectives, write trainer briefs, and produce course materials including exercises and hand-outs, learning logs, etc. in line with HSE and E&I requirements
- Run and deliver training courses both on and off-site, ensuring all pre-course preparation is carried out effectively and efficiently, environment and facilities meet required standards, end-of-course questionnaires completed, and assessments completed as required
- Participate in the evaluation of individual courses by providing information and basic statistics as required, writing reports, and developing an evaluation strategy
- Attend meetings when required; provide information and reports, and undertake action rising from them
- Keep up to date with new developments in training practice and policy
- Undertake necessary training to ensure training and facilitation skills are to the standard required
- Participate in ensuring that Safety initiatives are promoted efficiently and effectively, including drafting literature and making presentations
- Carry out other training-related issues as and when directed by the supervisor
- Minimum of 2 years previous experience as an electrical safety training role, with specific experience in the design and delivery of training courses
- NEBOSH IGC or equivalent, Level 6 Qualifications in OH&S is preferable.
- CIPD in L&D Level 3 is desirable
- HSE-related work experience in Oil & Gas industry
- Experience of working in an oil industry Operations environment
- BSc in Electrical Engineering
- CompEx Certification
- IEEE Membership (Desirable)
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to interact effectively with people at various levels in the organization
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (English & Arabic)
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Proficient in both English and Arabic
5 days on/ 2 days off
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.