MSELECT is looking to hire a KRI Operations Manager for an international oil and gas operator in Erbil. Candidates must have a minimum of 20 years of relevant experience and be fluent in English.
Working as part of a high caliber In Country management team, and in a manner consistent with Company values, the Operations Manager shall create and maintain an excellent operation and shall demonstrate excellent HSE leadership at all times. The Operations Manager is therefore responsible for; Overseeing oilfield activities and operation of oilfield production facilities. Ownership of an Integrated Operations Plan and the relevant budget. Managing an operations team comprising both Company Staff and Contractors. Developing and improving the relevant parts of the Company Management System and making sure appropriate processes and methods are established and followed. Ensuring all the necessary operating and maintenance procedures are established for safe production operations, HSE performance, operational reliability and efficiency of the asset. The Operations Manager shall provide expert judgement, operational and technical insight and shall demonstrate familiarity and knowledge of other functions that contribute to the E&P value chain.
Key tasks will include:
- Representing Company, and act as the company operational representative and liaise between the company and government bodies and other stakeholders whenever required
- Deliver the relevant key objectives and commitments within the Asset Development Plans and Field Development Plans
- Participate in the company Annual Work Program and Budget (AWP&B) process. Coordinate and provide a very important contribution towards the integrated planning effort. Own and execute the Integrated Operations Plan
- Prepare and present reports on operational performance when necessary
- Help coordinate field development, facility management, operations and maintenance activities with all other functional stakeholders (i.e. project management, engineering, subsurface, Supply Chain and Contracts groups)
- Oversee all relevant operational activities, such as; well integrity management and wellhead maintenance, production management and engineering, field operations, management of in field infrastructure, asset integrity management, improvement of operational capability, administration of all Operational Contracts and Contractor Assurance
- Manage the annual operating budget
- Meet and exceed company KPI’s for HSE, production and cost
- Measure and improve operational performance. Sustain and improve capacity, compliance, capability, and availability, (e.g. utilization, mechanical availability, performance gaps, operations availability, unplanned/unbudgeted loss, yields)
- Manage the operational internal assurance effort. Resolve findings, as well as making investigation recommendations
- Organize the Operations Team to maximizing effectiveness using leading oil field practices. Develop the leadership capacity of personnel and be committed to the development of local personnel
- Own the Operational risk register, and manage risk within and across production units
Skills and Experience:
- A Tertiary qualification from a recognized educational institution in Engineering or another relevant discipline
- Significant oil field operations/general management experience, ideally from early project stages through to mature and late life assets
- A thorough understanding of production techniques and technologies, operational best practice, predictive/ preventive maintenance methods, Asset Integrity Management and Process Safety
- Extensive vendor and contractor management experience, with the ability to handle multiple work fronts at one time
- Middle East experience is preferred, and experience of working in a low-cost operating environment will be extremely beneficial
- Cultural sensitivity and excellent communication skills in English is key
- Experience of managing emergencies and of managing and testing Emergency Response capability is key
- A Minimum of 20 years relevant international experience
Internal & External Interaction:
Internally the candidate will be expected to work supportively and actively collaborate with all disciplines and functions.
Rotation: 6 weeks on/ 2 weeks off
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.